One of our workshops at Yarningham will be a Steeking for Beginners taught by Ann Kingstone. Steeking is used when working in the round is easier that working flat, i.e when working armholes. As you knit, you create a bridge of waste stitches which can then be cut – yes cut!
You will learn:
• A variety of steeking stitch patterns.
• How to set a steek before cutting it.
• Several options for reinforcing a steek.
• How to pick up stitches from a steeked opening.
• How to apply i-cord to a steeked opening.
• Options for finishing a steek.
You will need to complete 2 swatches in advance of your workshops (instructions will be sent). Each swatch is knit in the round in two colours. This workshop is not suitable for beginner knitters.
Materials are not included with this workshop. You will be sent a materials list when you book. If you would like us to provide you with materials please choose the with materials option when paying for your workshop.
Ann Kingstone is a British designer and tutor based in the beautiful county of Yorkshire. Her designs are generally inspired by history, literature and traditions of her native country and its neighbours.