We are thrilled to announce our Yarningham 2020 Design Competition in collaboration with yarnpeople.
To celebrate Yarningham Festival’s 5th birthday we are asking YOU, our audience to submit an original design idea to be included in the festival brochure. This competition is open to all, no design experience is necessary.
The winning idea will be produced into an exclusive pattern for Yarningham 2020 brochure as well as being featured in the September 2020 edition of yarnpeople and receive a cash prize of £100.
The entries will be reviewed by a panel of Judges and we cannot wait to see all your inspiring design ideas.
We would like to repeat that NO DESIGN EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY.
We want knitters and crocheters of all levels and backgrounds to submit an original and unpublished idea for a 1-2 skein project in a yarn weight of your choice and any colour or combination of colours.
The original idea MUST incorporate an aspect of Birmingham and/or birthdays and celebrations into the design. This can be however you like. Previous inspiration for designs have included Bournville, the home of Cadbury chocolate; the canal waterways system and Spaghetti Junction; Persianware ceramics designed by William De Morgan housed in Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery.
How To Enter
Submit a sketch and description of your idea to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Yarningham 2020 Design Competition”.
- Your Name and email contact details .
- Your design name and description of the inspiration behind the design.
- A sketch of the design, with details of colours or special stitches specific to your idea.
- All information must be contained within submission email. We cannot accept
- links to external content.
- Ideas must be original and unpublished.
- Idea can be for a knit or crochet pattern.
- Maximum of 2 entries per person.
Competition Opens: February 1st 2020
Competition Closes: 9th April 2020